Sunday, August 28, 2005
From the Large One
It appears my sister will get what she wished. . . . an induction on the 31st. I had really been hoping to go naturally before then, but it just isn't in the Master Plan. I'm down to waiting 2 more full days (and a piddly half day) until I head to the hospital. I've already packed my bag, which oddly enough for a girl who used to hate the color pink, my suitcase looks more and more like Pepto Bismal puked in it. Oh well, I guess I was destiined to outgrow my detest of the color, especially with three years of little girl clothes shopping behind me. So, here I am trying to keep myself active and my mind off the inevitable. . . . labor and delivery. There is definitely a reason why God blessed women with the ability to forget all previous pregnancies. We would never have another one if we truly remember all 9 months. I was lucky with no morning sickness, swelling, water retention or any of the other annoyances that come with the territory. The only thing I'm dreading is walking into the birth center and being hooked up to drugs that'll start my labor artificially. At least I can say the first time around, I was naive about the whole process. I let my nurses do the thinking for me. It made the experience the best ever. I'm not so sure this time around. But I guess we'll see how I do. So, I'll be seeing you, Jenny, in about 70 hours and hopefully my child not too long after that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Only 6 hours and counting. Jenny will be on the plane and Leanna will be hooked up to drugs. Guess you guys never figured out how to go into labor, huh?
Post a Comment