Sunday, July 19, 2009
UP TO THE STARTING LINE
It has been too many years since my last blog post. Did I really have a one year old then? I once promised my mom I would blog regularly and post lots of pictures of the two grandchildren she can’t see since she lives 1200 miles from me. I did not keep that promise. In fact in the last 7 months, my mom and my sister have faithfully used their own blogs to keep me (and others) abreast of goings on in their lives.
My mom and sister used to tell me how well I am able to express myself on paper, but I believe they are mistaken. I have already re-written these short sentences at least five times. After all, I will be putting them on the Internet for just about any one to read if they have the inclination. I can already feel the humiliation and embarrassment creeping into my cheeks.
I don’t think I will ever be able to match my sister’s eloquence as she tells of her struggles and triumphs since her husband went away for training, which has reduced me to tears on more than one occasion. And Mom’s posts about her grandkids (my nephews and niece) have allowed me to laugh out loud, which I haven’t been able to do too often lately (recession, unemployment, you get the picture).
I can only hope I will be able to keep up with them. I also hope my own children will provide me with stories to relate and to keep the laughter going.
So here’s to (raising my glass of Pinot Grigio) keeping a promise made long ago.
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment